Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fool

So I made it to the beach for the 4th, sort of. I drove down to Carolina Beach on the 4th ans got there about 10 a.m. and the place was hopping. Lots of people all over the place. The temps were beautiful and and I was happy for a short time. I did not realize the that there are very very few motels or hotels, very few. Tons and tons of monster size houses for rent and all packed one on top of another. Well there was no vacancy in Carolina Beach and none in Kure Beach. So I drove up to Wrightsville Beach and more people and even less hotels. So guess what. I drove all that way for fucking nothing. What a dammed fool. Do you think I was pissed?

Saturday morning I did get downtown to watch the parade and that was pretty cool. Parades are always fairly neat. Lots of family's. They also had a bunch of stages with locals bands and there were lots of vendors selling there goods.

Saturday afternoon I went out and bought a bike trainer so I can start riding at home to get some exercise and lose weight that way. It's the Tour de Mark.

The temps were perfect this weekend, but they have cranked up a whole hell of a lot since.
It is going to be 99 here today.

Picture is from an old mill in Bynum, North Carolina.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I'll wager next time you get to the beach up there you'll scope out a nearby camping site and take your camping gear. I can't think of much that would keep you from the beach, even lack of lodging.
I like the tour-de-Mark idea. I need to get back on my bike too and push Mike to get back in the gym. Staying busy and limber is vital for mind, body, soul.
Tia is now in Orlando. She is going through a bit of shock, from Flagler Beach to the armpit of Florida. I'm trying to be strong and encouraging but am weeping inside.
The week is half over already, how about that? Soon fall will be here and you will have nice weather and new experiences to enjoy. You'll have to take photos of the leaves turning orange.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the beach.

LOL!!! on the Tour de Mark.

Balmy 95 here today; hasn't rained in more than a month.

Mark said...

I need would have guessed there where so few hotels/motels to stay at.

Well I can watch the Tour de France while I am riding.

Hope Tia likes Orlando. Big big change.

I think we will get some rain tomorrow and Saturday. We do need it badly.