Monday, July 12, 2010

Back to the Grind


Did not do much this weekend. Kept things fairly low key. Saturday morning went to the market and bought a few things, including blueberries which are coming in pretty well. They are quite tasty. I also went down to the Greensboro Cultural Center late Saturday afternoon. It has a few different small art galleries in it. Saw some pretty good art, including some good photographers and some photographers that I have pictures as good as what they had.

Going to have a few pictures printed and matted and look for shows to enter them in. Also going to start to get some prints ready for a portfolio to bring to galleries outside of Greensboro. The ones here are not going to work, however I an eye on a few that might be a better fit.

We are starting need rain pretty bad. Things are getting pretty brown.

Picture is of an old barbershop. This was taken through the door.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pic; I've been looking for an old shop to shoot.

You will find there are a lot of exhibitions with photographers whom are not up to your level and probably never will be for some of them.

When you have prints made, use a quality photo lab to print them; the corner drug store uses a weighted average for such whereas a lab should insure quality tones and colors across the board. Even a good photo printer attached to your pc is better than the hit and miss one-hour shops.

Mark said...

The old barbershops are out there. More than you would think.

I do find my work better than many I see at shows and so on.

For my large prints I would liie to find a place locally. I know a lot of places mess with the tones.
Not for the best in many cases.

Anonymous said...

Make sure you use archival quality mat board; sulfur free and won't yellow the print.