Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Don't Tread on Me


I doubt many have been really following the story of the New Orleans Police Department and its actions after Katrina but you should. Please check out propublica.org and follow the story on the front page. It leads to a number of story's that are shocking and are still under investigation.
There have been a number of NOPD already convicted of murder. Not that this is new, but it is utterly disgusting an American city has a police force like this.

Why can't Obama use the passion from his speeches in the way he governs.

We got hammered with rain last night. 3" total yesterday. Drought gone for now.

Super busy at work this week. Friday can't get here soon enough after yesterday's chaos.

Adios, amigos and amigas.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I've heard a little bit about the police dept. I'll check that out further. I wonder why after all these years CA won't let the Roman Polanski thing go. Even the victim wants to have this situation behind her. perhaps there is a way the State can find its justice and the victim can have peace. I don't get the legal system sometimes, it lacks common sense.
I think the "people" didn't elect Obama with realistic goals. No one person can make the "change" within this sort of government that were promised. I wish he wouldn't promise things he cannot deliver.
Only Wednesday, sigh.

Anonymous said...

The N.O. deal is disgusting, but it seems to hit all big American cities from time to time. Another notch in my "reasons to distrust cops" pistol.

Obama is a politician first and an American second; he does not have a clue to middle-class problems. I still see no reason for me to vote in upcoming elections.

Did anyone pick up the little flag? Good street journalism photo.

Mark said...

I hope you all had a chance to check out the Propublica site and the New Orleans PD troubles. This really has been an ongoing issue with them and they are one of the worst PD's in the country.

The Roman Polanski issue baffles me also. Since it has been so many years and the woman wants it to go away they just need to let it rest.

Obama has been a sad measure of reality.

Ken, nobody picked up the flag. I watched for a while and it kept getting blown and in little circles by the wind.