Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cobwebs



Some claim Jimmy Martin is the King of bluegrass.

Cobwebs on the brain this morning. Slept like a rock.

So Sunday I went to the mountains and there we hardly any leaves left on the trees.
On the west side of the parkway mostly gone or close to being gone.
East side of the parkway had leaves going from green to brown in most cases.
Boo......

I was talking with someone who said they have had flurries twice in the Boone area already. The first time was Sept. 30th. Someone from work was in the mountains in Virginia, skiing area, and there was snow on the ground. Does not bode well for winter this year.

So I went to a shoe store yesterday and felt like a piece of meat. There were tons of salesman hanging around like vultures. Annoying and of course they had nothing I wanted.

See u later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think any sane or sober person can chug-a-lug a quart of mountain dew. Good song to start the day.

Elevation is everything when it comes to leaves and the parkway is pretty high up. Our lower mountains will be prime this coming weekend.

I hate shoe stores; I only buy from shoebuy.com.

Mark said...

I fear this area will be very inconsistent in leaves this year.
Some have fallen, some starting to turn and other still very green.

Well the shoes I wanted are from one of the company's that we do business with. They will cost me about $75.00 instead of $120.00.