Monday, July 4, 2011

Four for the Fourth









Been a slow weekend for the most part. Did household chores, cleaned and organized the guest house and vacuumed and swept several times to eliminate dog hair. I need a good vacuum cleaner.

Going to go to downtown Greensboro for the Fun on the Fourth festivities for a little while today. Shoot some pictures and so on.

Did a major trim job on my beard. It had been two months since I had trimmed it. It took quite a long time.

Summer and I went on a couple little road trips. She likes to ride and is very good in the truck. She has a little trouble getting in since she is plus sized. I took her to the vet Friday afternoon to get a couple stitches removed. She weighs 77.6 pounds. Yikes. 60 would be ok.

The last song I posted was written by Woody Guthrie in case you were wondering why or how it fit into today's theme. The Willie and Asleep at the Wheel song is classic American Texas swing with a little New Orleans feel at the end.

I wish all work weeks were four days. I would gladly work 6 - 5 Monday thru Thursday to get a four day weekend.

Peace, Love and fireworks.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Great tunes to start my tuesday morning. Maybe with all the extra walking you and Summer can shed those few pounds. hope the downtown festival was good. Buying a vacuume cleaner is never fun. All that money for a tool that you have to use for work. 4 day weeks are good but I don't get paid for my day off so today i'll have to work hard to try and make some of it up. The weather here was beautiful all weekend and no fires. onward we go.

Anonymous said...

You couldn't have picked four better ones for the 4th.
Exercise is probably about the only reasonable thing to keep Summer's weight in check.
I've always liked the idea of four day work weeks. I think Americans should only work on the days when Congress works.

Mark said...

My goal is to please with my music selections.

I need a good vac to keep the hair under control.

4 day work weeks would lead to a happier nation or even better only when Congress works.