Monday, November 22, 2010

Over Again


It starts all over again. All least this will  be a short work week. Not sure how busy it will be.
The open house was moderately successful. Nowhere near what I had wanted it to be at all, but we did have departments from a decent distance come to the event. More from agencies away from Greensboro than close to here. Hard to figure.

Lovely weather weekend. Almost perfect in fact. Went to the gallery Saturday and she had a couple pictures on the main display right when you walk in. However she had not put the other pictures out yet. Ugghhhh.
Needless to say I did not leave anything for her to put out. A little disappointing. She is having an open house on Sunday December 12 from 1-4. You are all invited to attend.

Went grocery shopping Saturday night and bought a ham for Thanksgiving. They gave us a gift certificate at work to help with purchasing our holiday meal. Thank you.

Got my Mom some pottery for Christmas. Except for my niece and nephews I am going to try and get handmade items for everyone for Christmas. I think I am going to get my Dad a walking stick from the gallery. This guy carves these things and they a pretty darn nice. Since he likes to do some hiking I thought that might be a neat thing  to get him.

Really did nothing yesterday. Kind of just messed around all day.

Working on a budget so I will have some extra money when I start looking for a house to rent this coming spring.

Peace my friends.

Savannah College of Art and Design theater.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be liking the Droid camera; looks like good shots.

Maybe the local departments figure they can come by anytime; glad the turnout was decent.

I think the art world is the slowest of all worlds; hope you can find more venues for your photos by springtime.

Local made handcrafts are a good idea for Christmas.

Mark said...

I do like the Droid. It takes decent shots overall. I like ther apps for the camera.

I am going to look for other galleries. Winston-Salem has a ton of them I need to check out. Maybe that will be Saturday's adventure.

Yea I think the handcrafts are a nice gift. They have a little more meaning in most cases.

I did ask my parents and brother's family to get me a Kindle.

Anonymous said...

So far I am getting along very well using the Droid Kindle reader. Amazon is keeping the price artificially inflated; I hope sales are bad enough that they will lower the price to around $100 by Christmas.

Mark said...

Nice pipe dream on lowering the price. :)