Sunday, August 31, 2008

Remembering Gramp


This is my grandfather Harry Kennedy. He passed away one year ago today. He is greatly missed by my grandmother and the rest of his family and friends. He is fondly remembered by all.


Gramp did many things in his life. He was a WWII vet, deputy sheriff, construction foreman, caretaker/handyman/jack of all trades for well known Ct. politician amongst other jobs. He was very interested and involved in politics for some time. The last number of years he was very involved with his church. He liked to teach teenagers about the bible.
I got my wandering spirit from him.
I have tons of great memories of my grandfather as I got to spend lots of time with my grandparents all of my life. There is not one favorite as there are too many, but here is a good little one. He also liked to tell stories. He was very good at that.


My grandmother used to make bacon and eggs for my grandfather all the time for breakfast because that was his favorite breakfast. This was passed on to me. I love bacon and eggs. When I was very little and was staying with them one of the little tricks he used to play on me was when we were eating. If there was some food I did not like or want to eat my grandfather used to tell me it was bacon and I would just gobble it up.
So thanks Gramp for being what a grandfather is supposed to be.


Peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank heaven for grandparents! Sounds like your grandfather was a wonderful role model.

Mark said...

I have been lucky. I had both sets of grandparent. I also had both great grandfathers on my Moms side of the family. My moms mom is still alive and I see and talk to her all the time. Things like that are great and seem to be rare. People do not know what they miss by not knowing grandparents and great grandparents.