Monday, August 25, 2008

Joe Biden

Well I said it a few weeks ago in a post that I thought Obama needed to pick Biden. I am glad to see Obama has been reading my blog and accepted my advice. Biden has a great view of the world and where America needs to be and he will be able to help Obama guide the U.S. back to a place where we are respected around the world again. He also is not afraid to speak his mind even though sometimes he gets hammered for his thoughts. The other great thing is he will know where to strike at the heart of the Republican team. I am sure that McCain is somewhat afraid of Biden being the attack dog for Obama. He knows McCain very well and will be able to punch many holes in McCains platform.

Now Obama needs to pick Bill Richardson as Secretary of State and Jim Webb as his Secretary of Defense, Robert Reich as Secertatary of Labor and if he wants it Al Gore as Energy Secretary.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your cabinet selections, except is is the same old politics. We need new people all the way around in government, from bureaucrat to Congress to Executive.

If Obama is elected, I hope the "conservatives" on the Supreme Court soon die off and he will pick some middle-of-the-road judges to replace them.

As for Biden, he—like the rest of them—is another political leopard changing his spots, and he is still a part of the do-nothings that got us into this mess.

Mark said...

Well I think we could go to our colleges and try to pick some of the leading intellects from the the college ranks.
I think it would be very tough for Obama to anything accomplished without some of the same ole people in the cabinet.

I would love to fill the cabinet from people outside the politcal ranks.

Let me see who I can find.

Anonymous said...

People like you and I for a start.

The colleges may not be the best place to find all the talent needed. College types seem to be one-dimensional. It was college intellectuals in Kennedy's and LBJ's cabinet that kept us from winning the Vietnam war. Remember McNamara?

How about Joe Farmer, or Nelly Construction Worker, or Bill At The Office. There are a lot of people outside the good-old-boy and intellectual ranks whom know what is going on in the world, and with the experience of living everyday in middle-class America. They know what is wrong as well as the in-crowd does and they have ideas to fix things, but all that is wanted from them is a vote and some taxes.

Mark said...

You do not want Bill from my office. He is on lock step with McCain. He is a nice guy, just politically confused.