Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Photo Contest


So I will be going home in about ten days and I am going to be bringing a couple of my recent favorite pictures with me to enter in my hometown's fair. The pictures came out great and I had them mounted and matted at the local Pearl Art store. The guys there do an excellent job working with you and getting the right matting and helping you work on getting the picture framed to show your work in its best light. So I say kudos to Matt and the others in the frame shop. It also is cheap. Getting a 16 x 20 picture mounted and matted cost between $11 and $12 dollars. I think it is worth it for doing a picture of this size.


If you have never mounted and matted your pictures I encourage you to do so. It puts your work in a whole new light and you will not look at that piece of work in the same way. You can see yourself as an artist and not just somebody who takes pictures.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the photos in the show.

The mounting and matting does make the photos look different... and much better.

I have several of mine mounted and matted, and my wife has some in frames. I've given most of them away over the years.