Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday toast


Stephen Shore // Uncommon Places from haveanicebook on Vimeo.




So it was over 100 Friday and Saturday here in Gibsonville. Today a cool 98. So sad.
Friday we did not hard rain here. However we were on the edge of the darn thing and it got insanely windy.
My neighbor lost two trees. A big old monster that had a rotten truck very close to the ground. When that one fell it took out a much smaller tree.

Went up to Reidsville today to catch a little bicycle racing. It was hot as hell and then this storm blew in from the mountains with super intense winds, some rain and lightning. The temp dropped twenty degrees in a matter of minutes. After the storm blew racing resumed and so did the heat. There was guy who carried a few extra and he came in last. He actually got lapped. However he finished and that is not something I could do. The racing was decent. Pretty much a three way photo finish.

My leg has made major strides over the last  week.. Rode the bike for twenty minutes and the leg was fine.
The only problem is my big ass gut get in the way and my ass get sore. I want to work it up to an hour.
I just played Pandora with my new phone and the killer headphones that came with it and pedaled away.

Bought two old bikes yesterday at an auction for a total of $30.00. One is a late 40's or early 50's B.F. Goodrich ladies bike. The seat needs replacing and it needs need tires and tubes and she is road ready. Really no paint on it but it can stay that way for now. From what I could find out about this bike it looks to worth a minimum of $100.00.

The other is a men's bike from Sears, may J.C. Higgins, if I am right. This needs new tires and tubes. Should have a new seat, but not required for now. The rear wheel actually needs to be replaced. This is a 10 speed from the look of the hub. Maybe I'll get a regular wheel and put that on since it needs brakes anyhow. more research required.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a good weekend and the leg must be a relief. Daily regimen of situps will eventually help lessen the belly. I damn sure need to do a 100/day.
Good find on the bikes. The Higgins may be a 3 speed if it is real old.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to do a book like Shore's. You already have one, don't you?

Mark said...

The leg is getting better quickly at this point. I am happy with that.

The bike riding is enough for me for now. Once I build some endurance situps can follow.

The bikes were a good deal.

I have done several books. Join Shutterfly. They have deals all the time and believe when I say it makes you enjoy your pictures a whole bunch more. You realize you are better then you think.