Monday, May 28, 2012

Vacation of the Past


This is from Memorial Day vacation in 2007. Camping in South Carolina on this vacation. Had to drink discreetly at the state park since alcohol was illegal. Still drank boat loads of beer anyhow. Dumb rule that was meant to be broken.

Asheville was fun Saturday. However with my leg killing me and it being quite warm made from a less than desirable combination. Could have been much better with no pain.

This is the third year in a row with no real vacation on Memorial Day weekend. I took Friday and Tuesday off for many years to make a nice 5 day vacation. Man do I ever need to get back to that scene.

Not sure of today's plans. Some pictures this morning. Need to clean the gutter at the back of the house as it full of leaves. Looks like the ladder and leaf blower are in order. Blowing out water, leaves and who knows what else. The ladder should be fun.

Maybe I'll take Summer for a limp and she can hack her lungs out. Sounds pleasurable. Ok, maybe not so pleasurable.

Time to go outside and drink some decaf coffee, so I don't get those migraines, and listen to the birds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your weekend was not much better than mine. Be careful on the ladder; ladders are evil and lazy and will lay down anytime they get a chance.
Hope Summer is recovering. Terrible to have the helpless ones in bad shape.

Tammy said...

another cup of coffee is a good idea. ladder caution please!!? shampooing cat pee and bird droppings out of the carpet for our memorial weekend. Mike made a good breakfast w/ taters & eggs. rainy, humid. Effing squirrel ate the top off my 15-foot tall sunflower that I've been waiting to bloom for 2 months now. I will kill the rat bastard. Several other sunflowers blew down and I had to remove them from "sunflower ally". nothing else here.

Mark said...

I was safe on the ladder and blew leaves and water out of the part of the gutter I could reach from the ladder. The rest I cleaned with the leaf blower and some gutter extensions I used to make an extension for the blower.

The sucks about the sunflowers. The cat pee and bird poo are no fun either.