Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Foundation



Happy Mother's Day to the women of the world. You are the foundation that keeps the world from coming apart on a daily basis with your care, comfort and nurturing.

So I  went to an auction yesterday. Conveniently it was right around the corner from my house. I ended up buying a Greek vase, $10, an old globe for $7.50, an old mason jar with the oil spout to put oil in your car for $5, a present for dad and a large oriental rug for $50. The rug is huge. Maybe too big for the living room and may go in the dining room. Lots of good stuff. I limited my spending very well. Some people spent thousands of dollars.

Across the street from them that neighbor was holding his twice yearly book sale. Bought a large book of pictures from the1970's with pictures of  New York subway cars with all kinds of cool graffiti, $3. A travel book buy a woman who traveled Europe as a photographer after she left college,$1 and a pop art picture book, $1.

My leg is really bad today, very very tight. I am wondering if I did something and did not know it at the time.

Clean house this morning and go for a little ride today. I'll bring Summer along as her Mother's Day gift.



A U.S. House panel voted to cut spending on food stamps, health insurance and other aid for the poor to avoid planned cuts in defense spending.I guess these fuckers never had a mother.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice music for moms.

You had a good and fun day and did not break the bank; wanna run for Congress?

The leg is worrisome; if you sit a lot at work could be a problem.

Mark said...

It was a good day and really did not spend that much. I could have easily spent more only to have it cost me more later.

If I did not fear speaking in public, for me a very real fear, I would love to run for office so i could stir the pot and force people to think of what we are doing to this world.

I am actually getting concerned about the leg. Far far less mobility than I have had and where i think it should be. Might have to call the doc and get an early visit.