Saturday, September 3, 2011

The oven is on!!!!!!!



Holy crap. Mother nature turned the oven on yesterday and she left it on. The last few days have been brutally hot. UGGH.

Went to the flea market in Hillsville, Va. yesterday. I spent a total of $17.00.
Bought two soda bottles, 2 old regular pictures, one tin type and two old cameras.
One camera was a Polaroid. i bought because it is white. Then I bought a Brownie
six -20 because it had the flash system with a bulb. I see the cameras all the time. Never see the flash system.

It was too damm hot and I left after about an hour and a half.

Today I vac'd. Took Summer for a car ride and a walk. Really did not do much else except fart around.

Tomorrow I am heading to Asheville for the day. There is a street fest going on which I will attend with my camera. Buy me some art, listen to music, feed my fat ass and then head back home.

Looks like rain on Monday and Tuesday so I'll work around the house and shop for a rug for the living room.

NO WAR!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot here, too. Supposed to be wet and cooler for several days.

Wish I still had my camera collection; I know there would have been some for your interest. I had several miniature cameras (spy cameras) which used special film, a bunch of Polaroid bellows units that still worked if I'd had film.

Hope Asheville isn't too hot.

Mark said...

My camera collection is small but kind of cool. always on the lookout for something different.

Went to a few antique shops before the festival. As soon as i got to the fest and got my first beer the rain gods opened up and just dumped.
Oh joy. It rained pretty heavy and many of us were soaking wet.

It was still fun.