Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Passage of Time



Late post for today.

Four years ago today my grandfather passed away.
Today my grandmother is in the hospital. She had a mini stroke, but that seems not really to be an issue. It seems she has a clogged artery. No decision on what will be done about that.

I will have five days off after tomorrow. I need these days off very badly.
Work is starting to get under my skin. Hillsville antique flea market on Friday. This is a big one. Around 2000 - 2500 dealers. Maybe I'll buy something, maybe not.

Other days not really firmed up yet. Maybe Asheville, maybe Autumns, maybe Boone.

Going to be setting up a table with "World Can't Wait" at the Grassroots Festival at Shakori Hills. Get some new activists to join.

Does Dick Cheney look like a vampire?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I remember they passing of your grandfather. I hope he is either resting in peace or reincarnated to a happy place. If you go to the flea market can you keep your eye out for old mason jars w/ good lids for me? I'll pay you. I prefer the old jars to the new ones I use for my herbs and oils. I wish I lived closer so I could share my mother's little helpers with you for your vacation. glad to hear grandma is ok. So hard when they age. we will talk soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope the artery blockage can be removed and your granny will fully recover.
Hope your weekend is good and refreshing; I will hide under the desk while more stuff is moved.
Yep, Cheney does have the Bela Lugosi smile.

Anonymous said...

Very good jazz!

Mark said...

Hard to think it was four years ago.

I have mason jars for you. I just have to get my lazy ass to wrap them and mail them. Sorryy for being slug like.

The days off will be mentally refreshing at the very least.

The flea market sgould be good. gonna be hot and humid today.

Derek is great. Always puts on a good show.