Friday, October 29, 2010

Mountain Dewd


One year ago today a bald evil man, who always hated me, fired me from my job.
Two months later I was living in the foothills of the mountains of North Carolina working for the competition.
Ha Ha Ha. Oh how fortunes have changed. While the company I work is rising to the top my ex employer is making the long slow journey to the bottom.

It has been a good year if I analyze things from where I sit today. Much happier in my new job. Work for and with people who appreciate what I bring to the table. I get to go the mountains on a regular basis, explore new areas of the United States and meet new people. I also have my photography being displayed in a gallery thanks to a dear friend from high school.

Of course I greatly miss the beach and most importantly my family and friends in Florida but in reality getting fired was a blessing. I absolutely hated my other job and was getting sick of the long hot summer and was looking for things to change.

So here I sit today in a new state, with a new job, art for sale, temp of 49 and my head in a better place.

Thank you John Noone for firing me. I won.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I can't beleive it has been a year. Change, any change, means growth. Growth creates character. You've done more in the past year than you have done in 5 down in Tampa. Keep the pace my friend I think it can only improve. What is the deal w/ our weekend? call me w/ the hotel info or something. Hope your weekend is good. We are going to B-ville for the wedding and leaving tonight. yeeeea haaawww.

Mark said...

Hard to believe its a year. Been a good one for me for sure. Onward and upward. No regrets.

I'll call you with Sav info.

Have a blast at the wedding. I know you will. No tequila.

Tammy said...

yes tequila!

Anonymous said...

Happy to have you away from the Geriatric ward and into the Bible Belt; from hanging chad to hanging out in Asheville; from a job to a very possible new career. Good photo to go with this post.