Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Its only money


I wanted to print some pictures last night and ran into two problems. My black and white pictures are much darker than the photo and I also kept getting a green streak at the end of the photo. Not sure what that is all about. I really do need to step up and buy a real printer.

I was going to order prints from Shutterfly. I have 50 pictures I was going to order 5 prints of each until I saw I the cheapest I could get them was .69 each if I signed up for a yearly plan at $29. That would give me 30% off all Shutterfly prints for a year. Otherwise they are .99 each.. Guess I will cut back on the group for now. Can not afford to spend that kind of money. All that before I even get large prints mounted and framed.

Time to go. Have coffee, shower, toast and off to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Places like Shutterfly, Kodak, and HP are made for snapshots and do little if any adjusting to the image.

I know you are serious about your prints, so it may be best to look into a pro photo lab to do your work. They are expensive but the quality is there, and that is something you must have if you sell prints. Here is one I found via google:

http://www.aandi.com/ll.html

Another thing you need to consider if you use your ink jet printer is to calibrate your monitor to your printer. If they do not match, your photos will never look right.