Tuesday, October 19, 2010

So much


So much to say and bitch about, but I'll complain about one thing.

Why is it that the media does not do its job when politicians put out ads that are complete and total fabrications about their opponents. If they lie in an ad to get elected they lie after they elected. Lying in an ad to get elected is a crime against democracy.

A while ago I bought a book called "Daily Om" by Madisyn Taylor. The book is an inspirational book with positive messages each day. It is a great book that I am trying to use to be a little less negative.

Here is a little piece from yesterday's  message.

"The universe wants to see you accomplish yours goals. No matter how long you have dallied or hesitated, it will always be there, ready to put its plan for you in motion at the first sign of your faith. Nurture your dreams but do not attempt to micromanage every detail along the way"

Good message to start your day.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

These smear campaigns are such a turn off for me. The process becomes "make your opponent look bad so you look better." Where does this leave the issues? I have a hard time with this and my sample ballot is on my desk to review. Honestly I don't know if one is better than the other by much.
I'll have to check that book out. I applied at the hospital for a MT job working Sun-Thurs 3 pm to 11 pm. I'm not excited about it.
Hopefully we are still on for GA in a few weeks....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Good graffiti wall. Have you noticed a lot of graffiti don't have the profanity like it used to?

"Why is it that the media does not do its job when politicians put out ads that are complete and total fabrications about their opponents."

Media depends on ad $$ and the people who spend the ad $$ will be paying the politicians when they get in office; even before they get in office. The media won't bite the hand that feeds it.

I think the universe has allowed me to slack too long and is now leveling things out.

Mark said...

They do not send out sample ballots here so i need to dig around the web and check them out.

GA is still on.

Good graffiti is more art than graffiti these days.

You are right about the money. It is wrong and misleading at best.