Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Prints


Although I would have loved to use the company Ken recommened for getting prints done there is no way I could afford to use them for now. I ended up getting my prints done with Shutterfly and the bought matting and backer board from Redi Mat. It cost me $225.00 to get that done. Down the road I will use a professional printer to get prints done. I just need to sell some prints to get some money generated.

Did you see this story about the toxic sludge that spilled from its holding lake. Killed a few folks. burned them. Just lovely.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cost of having pro work done is high. 30 years ago when I was selling a few prints, I made my own first copy and sent it and the negative to a pro for for subsequent copies. Mat board is pretty easy to cut and is a lot cheaper if you do it yourself.
What you are doing will be fine to get you started.

Tammy said...

The hardest part I think of starting any kind of business is the up-front costs. Don't sweat it too much. The personal satisfaction of selling your own stuff will ease the sting of the cost I'll bet. those beach shots are really high class art. I like the photo of this girl and her dress.

Mark said...

The day will come when i can spend the cash on high quality prints, but as Tammy said selling my stuff will ease the cost.

I also like this picture quite a bit.