Monday, September 8, 2008

Time for an upgrade


When I was home in Ct. for vacation I met with a professional photographer who shoots ads as his primary business. He like my style of work and thinks I should be able to get a show in NYC.

I am doing a portfolio to send to him and he is going to get it to a contact in NY and see what happens. To that end I need to get a better camera so I can get sharper and larger prints. I think I am going to get the Nikon D60 or D80. How ever since I have no money I have to start selling some things I have collected over the years. I am going to put things on Ebay and let the money sit there until I get enough to get what I need.


Heck I did this when I bought property off of Ebay, so why not a camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the portfolio.

Don't forget us little democrats when you get to be a successful and rich republican.

Seriously, Nikon is the way to go. I wanted a D80, but couldn't swing the extra bucks, so the Pentax was my next choice. Did you know that any lens ever made for a Pentax slr or dslr will work on all their new cameras. There are a lot of them on Ebay at decent prices. Should you consider Pentax, the new K20D is an excellent choice, and the extra money for the body can largely be made up for by getting lenses off of Ebay and at pawn shops.
The Nikon D80 has an awesome iso range! That can be a tremendously important feature in low light shots.

Mark said...

Thanks Ken. It sshould be interesting tosee where this leads.
Nothing like having somebody with some connections to help get the ball rolling.

If I become a republican you can come to one of my shows and deface all the pictures. Then I will bail you out. :)

I think I am going to go with a Nikon. Seems to be a good fit for me. The Pentax lens feature it is a great advantage. I'll have to look into that. The low iso would good for shooting concerts since most of those shots are never as good as I would like.