Sunday, June 12, 2011

Two too a Sunday



If you did not read my other post for Sunday pleae go back and read it. Thank you.

Thank you Tammy. Many years ago you loaned me "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingslover. I just finished reading "The Lacuna" and it was an excellent book and I wish I had those writing skills.

Went to a new natural food store with lots of local food being sold and what was the thing that was the coolest, milk in a glass container. Yup, they have milk from a local diary that comes in glass. Hell yeah.

Did not go to the beach. Slept like crap both Friday and Saturday nights. Insomnia is increasingly becoming a problem. Leads to unproductive days.

My eyesight is getting worse. Maybe an eye doctor visit is coming soon.

Have a couple of yellow finches feeding at Sevigny Animal Kingdom.

I am beat and spent from doing nothing this weekend, my knees ache and I am going to begin my nightly series of naps.

Enjoy the song. Lovely piano work.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

I liked that book as well, Lacuna. She is one of my favorite writers. you should check our her book about living on a farm and consuming locally only. It is called something like Animals and Minerals, I'll look it up for you. you'd like it. Happy Birthday to your Dad. hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hadn't heard the song before; very good.
The no sleep thing is worrisome; if you were older it would seem more natural. Don't let the eye problems go too long.

Mark said...

The cool thing about the book is that most of the characters besides Harrison where real people. Frida Khalo, Diego Rivera, Lev Trotsky and many more where real and she fit them into the narrative of the story.

Wildfire was a huge hit song in the 70's.

I think a round of doctor visits is coming soon.