Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dog days of summer


Here is Pippa, the name chosen by the rescue, she does not respond so well to her name. I think maybe Summer will be her new name. So is a bit overweight like her owner and they both will benefit from long walks and smaller amounts of food. She is very friendly with a jealous streak if you show affection towards other dogs.

From what I understand she was found on the street with no tags or microchip. She now has both. Anyhow she was someones pet at one time as she does respond to "no" quite well. Other words seem to be iffy.
She walks fairly well on the leash with not too much pulling and does not act crazy during walks.

Loves to lay on her back and be petted endlessly. Likes to hang around almost under your feet.

One day down, years too go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Pippa. Welcome to Mark's online neighborhood. Hope you like music.
"Summer" will be a good name change; fits her color and smile.
Congratulations on making a good choice, Mark. :-)

Mark said...

Thank you. Sorry for the late reply but I find it hard to type with my paws. I like Summer better than Pippa. I really thought that was a strange name.

I think I'll make Mark blog at night cause I want to go for a walk when he gets up. I like to pee and chase squirrels first thing in the morning.

I even like the trains although the horn gets to be bothersome.

Toot Toot.

Tammy said...

Loved the birthday video, the Russian gypsy feel of it. Thanks. A bit dark but I get it. Had a great weekend. Love the photo of Summer. Can't wait to meet her. I think it is a very good thing you have her in your life. We look foward to many stories about your new friend.

Mark said...

Did not want the same old be song. I liked the texture of the video.

I am sure there will a few dog tales to tell.

Glad you had a nice vacation. Good for the mind.