Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ring Ring



So today while on the way back from lunch, spinach ravioli, I get a phone call from someone whose name has been changed to protect the innocent. They were supposedly from my bank where I have my mortgage and a couple other things

Hello may I speak to Mark.

This is Mark.

Hi this is Dumbass from Regions bank.

Hi Dumbass.

I am calling you today with some information, but first I need to verify you are Mark. I need you to give me.....

You want what Dumbass.

I need information to verify you are Mark.

Excuse me but you called me, correct.

Yes.

And you want me to verify I am Mark by giving you information.
Since you called me I am not giving you any information.
Since You called Me you can just give me the information you called me about.

I can not do that with verifying you are Mark.

Well I am Mark and I am not giving you any info on the phone since You called me.

Umm ok.

Bye dumbass, have a nice day.

Umm ok.

Really I get an unsolicited phone call from whoever and I am going to give them ANY information so they know who they are talking with. F that. My world does not work that way. If you call me you better know who you are calling.

Friday is here. Woo HOO

3 comments:

Tammy said...

ha. love it. have you gotten Spanish-speaking solicitors yet? Wait, its coming. the banks suck. I'm finding the cell phone company is starting to behave like the cable company and I don't like it. finally friday is right.

Anonymous said...

Nigerian scammers are now using phones to get info.
If I call you I may ask who you are; we geezers have trouble remembering things from minute to minute.

Mark said...

No Spanish callers yet. That would be fine as I can understand them much better than the callers from India.

Cell companies are cable companies in that they provide products with no customer service.

Hell Ken, I must be a geezer or maybe something from my younger days is affecting my memory.