Thursday, September 10, 2009

Asheville

So I just spent five days in Asheville and I have too say it was great. It is a beautiful area and it is easy too see why it is considered one of the best places to live in the U.S. The people were very friendly, great music, great food and very progressive compared to Tampa. There is a big local food scene, with many tailgate markets with food from local farmers. Many places have these but in Asheville it seems to be part of the fabric of the city. Most of the foods are organic which is another big thing in the city.

Got to travel the Blue Ridge and go to Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi, Mount Pisgah and see Cold Mountain from a distance. See many great bands at the LAAFF festival. The festival had three stages for live music, great food, a local beer and of course many people all decked out in there finest. The picture above is from the festival.

This is a city that I would like to live in. Big enough to have all the things I would want from where I live. A great music scene, arts, shopping, happy people and other amenities that cities offer yet you do not have to go far and you are in the country. Of course the mountains and weather are great.

That's a super quick rundown. When will I go back?

One last thing is they have a great radio station that you can listen to online, it is www,wncw.org.
You will hear great music that you do not ever hear on most radio stations EVER. Listen to them once in a while. You will enjoy.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I think perhaps it is time for you to go... Change may be the best thing for you my friend. You could always come back here for the beach. It sounds like you are really into the scene in Asheville. What is the employment like for you up there? I like this photo.. more info please.

Mark said...

Well I would move if I could afford to. That is a problem for sure. Not sure on the jobs situation. Seems ok, although it is a much smaller market than here.

I am going to look into it a little more and see what I can find out.

This guy was at the LAAFF festival in full costume. Not sure what the whole deal really was about. People did love his costume and he loved all the attention.