Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bluegrass

Today I am heading over to the other side of the state to Yee Haw Junction to a bluegrass festival. These are always interesting since I do not fit into the demographic of the crowd at all.
There is a cool bar next door called the Desert Inn which I have some pictures of in my Flickr stream. I should get some decent pictures today of the bar and the bluegrass fest. However the bluegrass fest has the stage set up under a tent and this leads to poorly light pictures in most cases. But it is a fun and low key day. Go to the bar for beers and a hamburger, the bluegrass fests never sell beer, then here some tunes. Temps in the low 70's with no humidity, all signs point to a good day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gawd! Low 70's. Man you are killing us frozen hillbillies.

Hope the fest goes well. That is another place an slr could come in handy. I have a 50mm f/1.4 for such places and it works really well in low light at iso 400. The Nikons give great photos at iso 1600.

Mark said...

It seems like the weather gods are giving the Super Bowl the weather they are looking for.

The fest was good. Much smaller crowd this year. Economy putting a dent in the traveling for sure.

I'll need to make a chat sheet to carry with me on settings. I'll never remember otherwise.