Monday, July 28, 2008

Its Gone

Well it was bound to happen. I just paid off my truck and was planning to put some money away for a couple of months but no Murphy's Law got in the way.
My television of 18 years decided that late Friday night it was going to pass away. Can you imagine the nerve of this. I wanted at least 4 more months.

So I traveled over to the east coast Saturday to see my grandmother. 85 years old and still going quite strong. Then I left yesterday afternoon and zipped home and went to Short Circuit City and purchased a 32 inch LG plasma tv. Since I paid twice as much as I did for my last tv does this mean it will last twice as long or half as long. Well the picture is good. It will be nice when everything is in HD.

One other thing I got this weekend. A friend of my grandmother who knows I love photography gave me a 1960's Mamiya C3 professional camera. They only used it once or twice so it is really brand new. This is a tlr camera and it uses 120 film. This should be a great camera to mess around with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the tv, but I'm very jealous over the camera! Those are wonderful cameras with great lenses. Have your film professionally processed and you should get some superb prints.

We bought a new Samsung HD tv just over two years ago. It broke under warranty and took nearly three weeks with three visits from the repairman to get it fixed. Now it is doing the same thing again.

I have an LG DVD player that I like a lot. No problems in the three years I've had it. Been used a lot, too. LG is the old Lucky Goldstar brand.

Mark said...

The camera should be a blast. Since I am not technically inclinded it should be interesting.
The thing is heavy so a good tripod is in order.

I think the tv should be fine. I had better be. I really did not want to spend the money right now.