Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Monday



Never been to Spain is one of my favorite songs. Love the GFR version.

Went to Asheville and up to the parkway on Friday. Weather was perfect. Stopped in at an art and antique shop and bought a picture. It is a great piece of photography. Trying to find some more about the photographer. More when I find out something. While talking with the woman who owned the shop I told I do some photography and told her about my website. She looked at it and wants me to bring her some photos to sell.

The leaves were all over the place as far as colors were concerned. Down low they had minimal change and up high they were all ready brown. So Mt. Mitchell and Craggy Gardens were past peak. Another week at best for the lower mountains for peak at best for the Asheville area. I also saw a fox.

Went to a couple auctions in town Saturday. Bought nothing at one and bought a box of old plates, coffee cups, and Pyrex pie plates for $7.00 and a dozen old frames for $2.50.

Sunday I reorganized the guest house and that was about it.

This is the future. Big Brother knows who we are. Thanks to mother Jones.

 http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/10/harper-reed-obama-campaign-microtargeting?page=1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised. These old things (plates, coffee cups) were rather cheap. You a had a great weekend, Mark.

Mark said...

You can get some pretty good deals at auctions and yard sales. I'll sell some of the plates when i get my antique booth up and running.

It was a geed weekend.

Thanks Jola.

Anonymous said...

Hope you hit some home runs with your photos at the mountain shop.
I hope to ride a bit this weekend and get the last of the leaves for this year.