Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm still here



Been busy taking my parents to see some different places around the area.

Friday we went to a couple of antique shops, had bbq for lunch, then went to Seagrove to some potters. I bought my self two more dinner plates so now I four from the same potter. Also bought a very expensive coffee cup. Now all my coffee cups, except the one that goes for roadtrips, are from area potters. All other cups and dinner plates will be relegated to the yard sale section of the guest house.

Went out for breakfast yesterday, a new place Tammy, and had shrimp and grits, two eggs, biscuit, sausage and oj. The shrimp and grits were yummy. Went to a little flea market down the street and picked up my brother/sister-in-laws last present. Also got Mike his. All hand made items. On the way home stopped at a classic roadside yard sale in the parking lot of a recycling place. The old man selling was quite something. Talking about Jesus and great weather and how he was a teamster and drove all over the U.S. and then he sold me a fake Christmas tree. It is white.
$10 deal of the day.

My dad and I raked more leaves.

We went a bought a gas dryer. Woo hoo. No more line drying for things.

OK. Taking Summer for a walk. Found .26 yesterday. I am getting richer with each walk. If I walk across the U.S. I could be rich and famous for "Walking with Summer".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hank III is pretty darn good.

Good to get your parents out with real people of your area.

I like white, fake Christmas trees; we had one when I was growing up. Make us a pic when you get it all fixed up.

Mark said...

Hank III writes some pretty good music. Not your mainstream Nashville music.

I kept my parents running. They enjoy it.

A picture will be coming.

Tammy said...

Sounds like you are having a nice visit w/ the folks. Summer is your money sniffing dog. We do need to see a photo of the decorated white tree. you got rid of the aluminum tree when you moved from Tampa I think...? Did you get curtains yet?

Mark said...

The visit was good. We did a lot of things and I enjoyed having them at my house.

I'll take a photo of the tree when it is all decorated.

No curtains yet.