Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Busted


Today I found out the my 16 year old nephew was hanging around a bunch of kids at school yesterday and somebody thought they were dealing drugs. They got hauled into the office and searched, nothing was found. However they called all the parents. When he got home with his father, his father tore the room apart and found some weed. Oops, not good. He does very well in school. He is a junior and has made the deans list every semester but one and he wants to be an engineer. I am not one to preach so much, and he knows I smoked in high school. It is not a family secret. However I told him that things are not the same as when I was in school and if he gets busted things will be much different for him. Being 16 he of course has no clue about this and I explained this too him. Hopefully he understand and is not giving me lip service. However being 16 I am sure he does not really want to listen to any adult.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a pretty level headed young man. Keep reminding him not to step off into the deep end of the drug world.
I don't see how kids can afford to smoke pot these days! In '77, a nickel bag of good Colombian cost $5 and was a quarter-ounce.

Unknown said...

Uh oh. That reminds me of when I caught my eldest son smoking pot in his room. I think he was around the same age. All that I could think of to say was, "That's not okay." Very lame.