Saturday, February 21, 2009

Harvest Time

Gotta love this time of year in Florida. The weather is just about perfect and it is fresh strawberry time. Went out this morning and picked up a half flat for $7.00. That will last a little bit. Fresh strawberries with cereal for breakfast. Some with milk for a snack. Can't ask for much more than fresh strawberries, well fresh from the field blueberries I would take first. However I think you get the point. I also picked up a bunch of collard greens. Think I will cook them up and throw in some pieces of bacon or some other pork product and I will have a nice little meal there.

Off to see Johnny Lang at the Clearwater Seafood and Blues Fest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All that is good eatin'!

We won't have fresh strawberries 'til May.

Mark said...

I like that strawberries grow all over the place.