Saturday, February 28, 2009

Arson and Cigarettes

Red lights flashing, betraying the dark of night.
Lucky Strikes laid upon the ground, things to come.
Eyes in the alley, searching, seeking, knowing.

Air full of nicotine, flesh, pain.
Retribution smiled, things to come.
Footsteps near, evil arrived.

For I am the the one of Arson and Cigarettes, I have no fear.
You have taught me well, I have no fear.
I bring you death, pain and tears.

For I am the one of Arson and Cigarettes, I am your fear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I understand all this, but it makes me glad I quit smoking!

Mark said...

I can mean whatever you want. I had a vision in mind and could not quite express it. I like the title so maybe i can work around that.

Anonymous said...

I'm not the very swooft when it comes to understanding poetry. "Mary had a little lamb" is about all I can deal with. :-)