Monday, August 3, 2009

Here I am

Well I am back from Miami and my short little trip down to Key West. Miami was nothing special although I did get everything down at our little store down there. Hopefully we can get some walk in traffic to make the store successful.

I headed down to Key West Thursday after work. I got there around 7:30 checked into the Spanish Gardens for two nights at the bargain rate of $69.00 a night. Went and bought some beer and headed to the pool for a couple beers and a swim. Spent Friday morning at the pool drinking cafe con leche and then some beers. Went on a photo tour of the cemetery, went and had a beer, falafel and then went back to the pool. Spent Friday night hanging out at the Iguana and had a great time. The bartender Maria was great. Her fiance stopped in for some drinks and we just hung out and watched all the chaos of Key West. Very nice. Got back to the hotel at 2 a.m. and was up at 7:00. Had breakfast, took more pictures and got ready to head back to Tampa.

I stopped at Bahia Honda State Park for more pictures and a swim. Excellent time. Then headed out and the traffic was brutal the rest of the way off the Keys.

Leaving Key West always sucks. If I had some balls I would move there. However it is expensive and not so easy to make a living if you want to live on your own. most people have to have roommates or they could not make ends meet.

I will be back soon. I was away too long this time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I wish I had been there to help out with the beer! First thing that comes to mind when I hear "Key West" is Ernest Hemingway. Glad you got away and had a good time.

It is tough to make it on two average incomes these days.

Mark said...

I would have had a few beers with you for sure. Key West is always a fun town.

You are right about the incomes. I wonder if most Americans will get raises this year.

Tammy said...

ohhhh, I wish I had been there. We always have such fun when we go, don't we? We used to do more with less that is for sure. Now we are mired in our "responsibilities" I guess. Sometimes I wonder if I allowed myself to really cut loose exactly where would I land? Possibly dangerous ground! Did you see any 6-toed kitties? any wayward parrots?