Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cool TV shows


There is an abundance of crap on television as we all know. There are very few series with superb writing and acting. There are two shows that are far and away some of the best if not the best in many years.

They are "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad". These shows are more like what you get from HBO or Showtime. They are very well done. Just watch them a couple times and you will see what I mean.

I also wish that cable companies would let us pick all of our channels. I want many I are not offered and have many more that are total crap. I would like to have Al Jazeera and the CBC.
These are great networks and give us views from another perspective. There more I want and I would gladly trade in my shopping and god channels.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I do agree but I also think as a whole this country would be better off with just turning off the tube more, getting outside, meeting the neighbors, playing ball w/ the kids, gardening, and just "being" more in the presence of Mother Earth. I realize TV is entertainment and I'll admit I do love my cooking shows but most of it is crap. The kids are absorbing too much of it. These are the kids that will be running the country some day. Scary!!!! Toss the tube. Oh, yeah. Willie Nelson for President. Peace, Tamatha

Mark said...

We would be better off with less tv for sure, Between tv time and cimputer time we are becoming are very inactive nation and that is not a good thing at all.

We are becoming a nation of fat asses.

Anonymous said...

If tv were to go completely away right now, I would not miss it. There are no good news casts anymore anywhere. I used to like the BBC, but it seems to be subtly taking sides on issues instead of reporting. And why the hell does it take a local tv weatherman 10 minutes to say we "may" have rain tomorrow. Same with "Public" TV news and programming since they went commercial.
If tv was gone, I would miss "Shimmy".
----
R.I.P. Les Paul.

Tammy said...

As a girl who knows a bit about shimmying herself.... please tell me Ken, what is "Shimmy"?