Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Time Off

I was on vacation for the last few days. Camped a Black Rock Mountain State Park in Mountain City, Ga. The weather was iffy at best. Rained much of the way up from Tampa. Rained a ton Saturday night and overnight Saturday. Then rained Sunday morning and Sunday night. Yippee.

However it was beautiful Saturday and we took a roadtrip up to Asheville and spent a few hours there. I have to say that I loved the whole vibe in the downtown area. It had a great feel with lots of art, shopping and restaurants. It had a hippie feel to it that I found appealing for sure.
I hope top be able to go back and spend a couple days there and check out the rest of the city.

I also stopped in Macon on Friday morning to snap a few shots. Downtown Macon is going through a renovation. It looked like it was fairly rough at one time. Hopefully they can keep it going. When I returned to my truck I had a flat tire. Called AAA and they were there within 25 minutes and had the tire changed and I was back on the road.

Overall it was a good trip and I am ready for a real vacation.

No comments: