Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Todays Ramble




Many years ago I bought this pastel at a thrift store for $10.00 because I like the work a heck of a lot.
It is signed by  Jean Appleton and dated 1957.

I found there was a famous Australian painter by the same name. After many years of digging I found a picture of painting with her signature and they were the same. I never found any of her work that was anything like this, until yesterday.

I found this work on ebay and they are definitely the same artist.

 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jean-Appleton-LISTED-modern-Australia-Australian-art-vintage-painting-luminous-/310327254369

What do you think?

Hopefully Summer will be going to the groomers this weekend. Fleas and all. Actually hopefully the fleas will dead. I found out about Capstar. It kills the live fleas. Then I need to de-flea the house.

Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With only a bit of stretch of the imagination, the model for your canvas and the one on ebay could be the same one.
I think you are on to something with the Appleton painting. She is not well known enough to be widely copied so this could be legit.

You could pick Summer's fleas one at a time; works with small dogs but summer ain't too small.

Mark said...

I think I scored on the pastel. I always knew it was the same artist.

Picking the fleas off Summer would take all day long.