Monday, August 20, 2012

It's Monday

It was a nice three day weekend. I like three day weekends. Man, I wish there were more of them. Lots more.

Refinished a nightstand and bench on Saturday.. The nightstand came out excellent. The bench looks a little dark. Maybe I'll redo that. Depending on weather I will redo the drawers on the dresser and on the stand the other stand.

Friday and Saturday were lovely. Yesterday we had  lots of rain. Torrential rains overnight Saturday. Temps a lot cooler.

Autumn and I are gathering up goods to put in the antique shop. We will be getting a booth fairly soon.
The name of the business will be "Roadtrip Relics".

Wow have gas prices gone crazy. We will be pushing 4 dollars a gallon very soon. How crazy is the price fluctuation? Think that will hurt Obama's chances?

Back to the grind.

Vacation coming soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It tickles me that Autumn and you are getting your antique shop in gear. You chose a good name for it.

Americans seem to shrug off the price of gasoline. However, with rising food and medical prices, it may make a big enough impact to change things.

Mark said...

Between her girly things and my guy things we should do okay.

When I refinish the vanity I'll post some before and after pictures.

I ain't good for Obama that is for sure.