Monday, December 24, 2012

Covered



This post is called  "Covered" since Bob Seger covered this song.

I actually should call today's post stolen. I was doing some simple google searches on some of my Flickr photo's last night and came up with several but there are two that really piss me off.

Look at this link. http://georgiamarijuanalaws.org/georgiamarijuanatrafficking.html

The picture of the police car is my picture and these lawyers actually have enough nerve to us it with no permission, , no compensation, no acknowledgement, no nothing. Then if you look at the bottom of the page they have a copyright notice. Nice.

Then here is one that really frosts my ass. Look at this link. http://www.jamienewsonsmith.co.uk/gallery/

The first picture of the soldier with the quote is my picture. Yes the soldier is my picture and this photographer has the f'in balls to put it on his site and sell it. Really dude. How can you claim this as your own work.

I will be contacting both of them to either take them down or send me compensation.

There were others used in generic blogs and I did not have to look hard to find those. I am sure a little more investigation would reveal more disturbing things.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro, Cyrus and Maggie and some others I know of are having the same problem. One of them just settled a multi-thousand dollar law suit over copyright theft. Most of it is coming from Flickr and Facebook.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Shaggy.

Mark said...

Very nervy of the photog in England to steal the picture and put it up for sale.

Both will be receiving notification of the problems.

I could only hope for a multi-thousand dollar resolution.

My guess is the English dudes is outright theft and the lawyers actually had someone build the website and they "borrowed" the picture from someplace off the web.

Unknown said...

Hi Mark, apologies that this post is many years later. I've just stumbled upon your post where you claim that I have used a picture of yours, namely the soldier. This picture was actually part of a Photoshop lesson which came free with a magazine, all images were provided on disc on the front of the mag. I don't steal images.