Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Cardinal

So I took yesterday off so I could have a three day weekend. I went on a little drive to take some pictures and I stopped in at Rainbow Springs State Park. While I was walking around near the spring I heard this guy. Seeing Cardinals is rare for me. I hardly ever see them in the Tampa area. These are my favorite bird so I was very happy. Being a Cardinal he would not stay still and was just far enough away to always have some underbrush be in the way of getting a perfect shot.

Not sure why I like them so much but when I was a kid my grandmother Sevigny always had birds and there always cardinals around. She also made these little Christmas ornaments of Cardinals that we had on our tree for years. So I think that linkage provides some of the answer.

Anyhow it was good to see him yesterday and made the day as far as photography goes.

No comments: