Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wanee Fest 2009


So last weekend I was at Wanee Fest 2009 and it was a good time. Got to see a bunch of great bands. The Allman Brothers played a 2 1/2 hour set both Friday and Saturday night. Both sets were excellent. They were quite a bit different from one another. Hill Country Review was fantastic. A must see band. Then I would say Drive By Truckers, Buddy Guy, Derek Trucks Band. That is my tops list.

The weather was very odd this year. Rain every day created a nice mud pit back aways from the main stage. Of course that lead to mud wrestling and frisbee playing mud fans. They always generate a nice crowd watching the mud people having fun. Had a couple of kids from Miami camp next to us and they were very cool. Overall it was a great time and good times were had by all from what I could see. Can not wait for the next one.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

cool pic... is this a new belly dancing move? I have actually seen dancers on stage w/ these hoops.. always someone doing the next thing. Sounds like you had fun and I am glad. you need to get one of those "tear drop" campers, quit your job and travel around the country taking pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hope you thought to leave the Canon in the dry while you were mud wrestling.

I'm not crazy about tats, but one in the pic looks pretty darn good.

ABB is famous for playing long sets. You damn sure get your money's worth.

Mark said...

Tammy--There were quite a few girls dancing with hula hoops. I have seen this at a number of big concerts like this. You know I would quit work and travel in a hearbeat if I could figure out away to do it.

Ken--Ha... No wrestling for me. Just watching from the sidelines.
As for tats I really am sick of everybody getting them. However if I got one it would be a full sleeve.

ABB could have played much lonfer each night for sure. I sure did get my moneys worth.