Thursday, June 25, 2009

Go in Peace



Today we have lost two icons of the last 40 years.

Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson were two of theleading icons of my generation.


As a teenager I was one of many who purchased the iconic Farrah poster and of course watched Charlies Angels every week. From that time on Farrah always held a special place in my heart. She always seemed to me to be genuine person who seemed to always endure no matter what life threw at her.

Michael Jackson was a star before I even knew much about music. By the time I started paying attention to the music world he was already near the top of the pop music world. Michael is one of the greatest musical entertainers that we have ever known. He has left an incredible legacy for the music world.
I have always felt slightly sorry for him as the years have gone by. It seemed to me that he never really left his childhood and he also seemed to be in a certain type of pain that he could never escape. It really is hard to imagine what his life was really like. No matter what one thinks of what he became in his later years he is and was a musical legend. Michael like may truly talented people was a haunted soul.

So Farrah and Michael may you go in peace and know that you did well.

No comments: