Saturday, June 13, 2009

How about leaving me alone

I am sick and tired of going to the grocery store, convenience store and other places and having them ask if I want to donate a dollar for this and that fund. How about fuck you and maybe your corporation should just make the donation out of their profits instead of making a donation to whatever "fund" using my money.

They are making these donations under their corporate name and they look good on the face of things. Use your profits for your donation and I will give to whatever group I want to give to directly.

One more thing while I am at it. To Verizon and Yellow Book and who ever the fuck else is leaving all those phone books at my house, please stop. Most of us have heard of the "INTERNET" at this point and when can use that. Also printing all those phonebooks is not green. Mine immediately go into the recycle bin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to donate a few bucks each month on the "keeping warm" thing on my electric bill until a friend needed their help and he was refused.

Screw these blind charities where you do not know where your money goes. Even the charities have overpaid fat-cats at the top.

Mark said...

I'd rather give like I did yesterday. I went to an art benefit that was raising money for a older guy with little money who needs a kidney operation. The best thing is he does not know the benefit was being held. He is going to get some money from the artist who held the benefit. Now that is doing good for someone.